Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What He's Up To


Our lives lately pretty much revolve around work and Geb's growing number of tricks, and spoken words, and tantrums.  Loving books.  Reading.  He pretends he can read.  My new work schedule enables me to spend more time with the kid.  A blessing, this change.

So, Geb has been actively demonstrating funny, new quirks that literally spring out of nowhere.  I'll start with something I made a really big deal about.  Completely thrilled me to bits.  Because finally he's able to  say, what seemed to be a complex word for him to master-- Nanay.  Loud and clear.  Brian couldn't help but get excited too, he called me straight up to share the news.  Also, if I really must note here, my boy used to feel anxious towards being trapped in a box, a play tunnel or play tent.  We have this Thomas tent that has been around for months and he would avoid at all cost being in it, until this week.  Seeing him there, loving the interiors of the play train for the very first time, made me extremely happy.   There is so much to say about this fear-driven world.  And to see my kid stepping ahead of his own greatest fear, for now, is quite astounding.   Lots of surprises, I have to say.  We find ourselves on the lookout for more of them each day.

Moreover, we thought baby boy is probably ready to hit the potty.  We're hoping he'll get out of diaper before he turns two.  My brother, who got two kids, we chatted about how they achieved diaper independence at such an early stage.  Well, he made it sound real easy for me.  His youngest boy only wears them at night.  And he's less than a year old for crying out loud!  Crazy great, I said.  Stupendous! 

I get easily excited with diaper talks these days.  Believe me.

A look into our week~









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...