Saturday, February 12, 2011

30th Week

I am now large humongous, slow and clumsier. Add to that, evermore tired and difficult. 

The weekly pregnancy articles I follow through assert the baby now weighs almost 3 pounds, like head of a cabbage.  I, on the other hand, packed a whopping 28 pounds since day one! 

 with fellow prego- Diday :)

At a gathering last weekend, somebody blurted at how huge my bump is for seven months.  Had she not known how far I am along, she would've thought I'm real close to D-day. Oh well, no two pregnancies are alike.  And it annoys the husband when people start to compare, surmise and predicts like a crystal-ball divine. Yes, he's overly-sensitive like that.  Even much more than the one sporting the big bump. Ha! 

While weight gain during pregnancy is needed to help the baby grow, it's also important to gain only the right amount for my body. Being on the overweight side before I got prego, I should only gain 15-25 pounds over nine months.

I am utterly horrified. 

God knows I'm a sucker at shedding the extras, a surplus flab after pregnancy is definitely not welcome.

That, my friends, is a note to self as I'd become complacent being huge, putting myself in delusion that it's alright.  Hee!   

                                                                   ****************************

The little one moves a lot crazier the past weeks.  I have grown in me a Karate Kid it seems.  It could sometimes get prickly especially when I'm vigorous and engaged at work.  He/She (I still refuse to reveal. Ha!) is quite reactive with noise too, say, me vacuuming the floor and the occasional baby talks.  Yes, we talk.  I mean, I talk and I lured myself to believe he/she talks back with his/her delightful punts.

I call my little darling~ Maxx.  In mighty honor of ..


MAXX Euchalyptus Menthol Candy. Ha!

I kid you not.  

I pop them up like chips, morning 'til night.  I practically fed on them during my grueling first trimester.  Ah, they were my ultimate saviour.  

So once again, I lure myself believing the baby likes his/her pre-birth name. He/She seems to happily respond every time.  And I'm so used to the name already it irks the husband.  I'm pretty aware of the name's distaste, hence I'd probably give him and the rest of the family a heart attack if I'll make the name official. 

But for the meantime, he/she is Maxx.  

Oh gosh, he/she's kicking. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...