Little Geb is a supposed sequel of an erstwhile personal/food blog, dubbed I'm A Super, that began in 2010. After learning about my pregnancy in August of same year, I took a rather long hiatus from blogosphere, only to come back over six months later with a brand new last name. Determined to continue dishing out my daily cooking tales, I end up gushing about family life, the woes and wonders of expecting a baby, and eventually my being a first time Mama to Geb Brian Jr.
I have a healthy affair with words and photo images. I am strongly convinced that those two, when put together, instantly paints a story. This strong fondness of weaving words one after the other, thankfully, paved the way to keeping this online journal- documenting the hits and miss of motherhood; following every age and stage of my son, our pride in each of his milestones and anything in between. There is something magical about writing down the nuts and bolts of emotions, life episodes, or even just the simple occurrences in our every day. I'm glad I took the time to write down Geb's birth story as it would've gone past recollection, unknowingly. And I'd bang my head now, for sure, if I passed up the chance to share such wonderful story.
Ultimately, this blog is a gift to my bambino. I look forward to the day when he's grown enough to read and comprehend, and hopefully he'd appreciate how much Nanay set aside time and commitment to scribble those that matters while he is growing up. How much he is treasured. How much he is loved.
I hail from Cebu, Philippines. I live and work in Bethesda, Maryland (since 2009) on weekdays and joins husband Brian in Frederick on weekends, with awesome sister-in-law Fritzie and her husband Michael. Baby Geb nests in any of the two abode, traveling any day, any time of the week. Our little guy is a terrific traveler since day one, until he learned to loathe being buckled-up in his good ol' rear-facing carseat. Just how Pinoy is he!
I am a hardcore procrastinator (not that I'm proud of) and a bummer at managing time. A long list of I am's HERE.
I am a hardcore procrastinator (not that I'm proud of) and a bummer at managing time. A long list of I am's HERE.
And oh, I have an unhealthy obsession with my ill-shaped eyebrows, of which Brian eternally hates I color it brown.
But I really don't color it, err, brown.
Swear.
I color it ESPRESSO. Hee.

No comments:
Post a Comment