Friday, April 8, 2011

Bring It On

No, our little guy isn't here yet.  I'm still very much pregnant at Week 38. And like any other prego around this time, I waddle like a duck in every stride. 

But we're down to the homestretch. The baby is considered full term after 37 weeks- roughly finish line, yey! Should Maxx (again, his pre-birth name) decides to come out any minute now..

Oh dear, I'd pop with all my heart!  

I am so ready. I think I'm done with the whoa's and thrills of seeing my belly grow.  Or perhaps I got too tired carrying the additional 40+ pounds around that I can't wait to get this over with.

  

Hear me sum up my third trimester--

It is when everything hurts! From front and back, side to side, up and down.

I repeatedly labeled first trimester as quiet difficult, I know.  But this third is equally or even more arduous, only without the nausea.  With stretched body muscles and loose ligaments (hormones, thank you very much!),  I'd shriek at dawn because even a gentle leg stretch induces bad, bad cramps. The worst part is finding that perfect, if not, comfortable sleeping position.  Shifting from side to side drive me nuts. Who wouldn't if you can actually hear cracking of bones around your pelvis when you move.  I seriously fear those bones won't get back in place whenever.  Scary, ei?  Thankfully, they do get back in place.  Hee.  Brownie points to the husband who, even in the seam of a good night sleep, willingly knead cramped calves.  And who, in a subtle stir, helps me roll out of bed.  Because really, it gets hard to get up on my own.

So now, I contemplate on setting out an advocacy-  enjoining all pregnant women or those planning to be one, to surely get themselves a patient, functional spouse so they can get through all the fuss.  Believe me, you'll gonna need him more than Potato Chips, Oreo McFlurry and spicy Burrito!  (Gahhd, spell d-r-o-o-l!)


 
Am I really, really ready for D-day?

Oh yes!

I have this 'anting-anting' to tough it out ~



I-shall-not-fear. Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...