Wednesday, January 19, 2011

27th Week



The baby bump, that is.  How time flies.  I remember being silly anxious of a more defined bump on my 4th month.  Now, it really has gotten big!  Naturally it will, I know.  But it did surprised me still, this belly, having the capacity to swell jumbo.  And to think, I still have 3 more months before D-day (Delivery Day).

Ah, don't get me started with the baby movements.  It's insanely fascinating.  Petty moves swerved around 5 months.  I initially thought I'm just having a gassy stomach as preggers tend to have one, caused by the additional progesterone hormone produced during pregnancy. (Yes, I google much!) Progesterone is said to keep me and the baby healthy, however, it also causes food to digest slowly thus the buildup of gas.  But it was indeed the baby that's moving, along side with gas.  Maybe. Ha!  No rowdy kicks yet though.  Just beyond scanty motions.  I imagine I have a swimming pool somewhere, my little one is paddling, wading freestyle. 

Cute.

But in as much as I'm amply thrilled with the lovely bulge and baby's dynamism, I'm having trouble with sleep.  Enough deep and uninterrupted sleep. First trimester saw me sleeping more hours than usual.  I reckon, it's the fatigue that knocks me out to bed.  My first 3 months were tough.  Morning sickness? Nah, I had whole-day sickness!  It almost felt like being castigated, penalized, scourged for my sins. Ha! I couldn't eat anything, even water I spew.  And in every spew, I'd cry.  You bet I cried buckets.  I drove the husband nuts!

Fast forward to 6 months, I'm always on the look-out for ZZZzzs.  I don't have a particular fave sleeping position before pregnancy.  I don't sleep long hours too but I do sleep like fatty-pork oil as my Mama would put it. Ha! Over a month now, sleeping has been a real challenge. Boy, how I miss lying on my back!  But I'm encouraged to only do the sides, ideally on my left.  I shift sides like crazy too as it gets hard to breathe when snoozing at one position for a long time.

With all the tossing and turning, who else hardly get good sleep? 

Poor husband.  Oh yes.

The Gender 

That my friend, is a one-million dollar worth question. Ha!  We had the whats-the-gender-quest on my 19th week.


19th week. my 29th birthday(22 Nov 2010) 

The one-million dollar worth answer popped on my birthday, no less.  I always pray and look forward for best birthdays through the years, but my 29th, if not super best- is definitely my most cherished.  What with the excitement and jitters combined.  The husband and I agreed we'd be grateful either boy or girl.  

I secretly wished more.

So, is it a HE or SHE?

What's your guess?

*grin*


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...